Series No. 6
Committees.-- 1943-1995 ; (predominant 1962-1995).-- 230 cm of textual records
Scope and content: This series documents Trueman's role as a member of several private and government committees as well as several organizations. He was active on the boards of the Beaverbrook Art Gallery, The Beaverbrook Auditorium, and The Beaverbrook Foundations. In addition, Trueman held membership in the Canadian Authors Association, served as public relations representative in New Brunswick for the Bank of Canada's Savings Bond Campaigns, and sat as an alternate member of the Roosevelt Campobello International Park Commission. The bulk of this series relates to the RCIPC.
The series contains notices of meeting, memos, minutes, reports, financial statements, press releases, and newspaper clippings. It also includes maps, booklets, pamphlets and mementos pertaining to the RCIPC and to members of the Roosevelt Family.
The series is comprised of 3 subseries: 1. Private Committees and Organizations, 2. Roosevelt Campobello International Park Commission, 3. Canada Savings Bonds.
Included in subseries 2, Roosevelt Campobello International Park Commission are: file 32 which contains several press releases by Trueman and file 35 which contains 3 reports on tourism also by him. File 36 contains a resolution commemorating Trueman which was adopted by the commission on 29 July 1995 following his death.
Subseries 3, Canada Savings Bonds consists primarily of press releases. Some of these were probably written by Trueman.
File arrangement is alphabetical.
Title based on contents of series.
Correspondence related to the RCIPC and to Canada Savings Bonds campaigns is located in series 1, subseries 2, Topical.
Series 6, Subseries No. 1
Private Committees and Organizations
BOX NO. 28
1. Beaverbrook Art Gallery 1962
2. Beaverbrook Auditorium, The - (Fredericton Playhouse) 1962- 1966
3. Beaverbrook Foundations, The - 1957, 1962, n.d. (includes confidential memos regarding applications for Beaverbrook scholarships) RESTRICTED
4. Canadian Authors Association 1948-1974, n.d.
5. Canadian Authors Association, New Brunswick Branch, 1973- 1980, n.d.
6. National War Finance Committee (Victory Bonds) 1943-1945
7. New Brunswick Writers' Federation 1982
8. Stephen Leacock Associates, The 1970-1993, n.d.
Series 6, Subseries No. 2
Roosevelt Campobello International Park Commission
Attached to this subseries is Appendix A which lists dates on which commission meeting were held. Corresponding to each date is a folder which contains correspondence, minutes, memos, financial statements and other items distributed to all commission members prior to these meetings.
Also attached to this subseries is Appendix B which lists a number of miscellaneous reports related to the RCIPC. As well, this subseries includes 54 chronological files containing miscellaneous related materials which were distributed to all RCIPC members.
9. Act respecting...Roosevelt Campobello International Park 1964
10. Annual Reports for years: 1966-68, 1971, 1978-1983, 1985-1988, 1990-1994
11. Auditor General's Reports, 1965-1975
12. Campobello Sketch Book, A (keepsake prepared for Roosevelt Campobello International Park Commission)
13. Campobello and the U.S. Navy (keepsake prepared for Roosevelt Campobello International Park Commission)
14. Certificate of Appraisal October (buildings) 1975
15. Conference Program (RCIPC) 1986 - kit
16. Commemorative Stamps, 1984
17. FDR Centenary at Campobello 1882-1982 (booklet)
18. FDR's Speech at the Thousand Island Bridge, Three Drafts (keepsake prepared for RCIPC)
19. Financial Statements 1976
20. Financial Statements 1977-1978
21. Financial Statements 1976-1993
22. Maps (of island and park)
23. Meetings - minutes & reports, (See Appendix A)
Location: Box No. 31 & 32
24. Membership lists 1981, 1985, n.d. (Box No. 28)
25. Miscellaneous Related Material 1964-1995 (54 chronological files - some material available for each year)
Location: Box Nos. 33, 34, 35
26. Newspaper Clippings, 1962-1967 (park, commission, special events) The Telegraph-Journal and The Evening Times-Globe)
27. Newspaper Clippings, 1971-1979 (park, commission, special events) The Telegraph-Journal and The Evening Times-Globe)
28. Newspaper Clippings, 1980-1989 (park, commission, special events) The Telegraph-Journal and The Evening Times-Globe)
29. Newspaper Clippings, 1990-1994, n.d. (park, commission, special events) The Telegraph Journal and The Evening Times- Globe
30. Pamphlets/Booklets - (island and park)
31. Pamphlets/Booklets - (Franklin D. & Eleanor Roosevelt)
32. Press Releases 1985-1994, n.d. (some by Stuart Trueman)
33. Report - Alternative Futures for Roosevelt Campobello International Park 1989
34. Reports - Miscellaneous (See Appendix B)
Location: Box No. 36
35. Reports on Tourism by S. Trueman, 1983, 1985, 1988
36. Resolution commemorating Stuart D. Trueman (adopted by the RCIPC on July 29, 1995)
37. Roosevelt, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Jr. Memorial Service, 1988 (booklet)
38. Roosevelt, Eleanor - Centenary, 1884-1984 (booklet)
39. Working Agreement - between Roosevelt Campobello International Park Commission and Employees 1981 (includes amended version 1991)
Series 6, Subseries No. 3
Canada Savings Bonds
40. Editorials - The Telegraph-Journal and The Evening Times- Globe 1975-1977
41. Official Payroll Savings Plan - Results of Employee Purchases, 1967, 1975
42. Press Releases - 1962-1973
43. Press Releases - 1974-1979
44. Press Releases - 1980-1983 & n.d.
BOX NO. 29
45. Press Releases - The Telegraph Journal and The Evening Times-Globe, 1957, 1969 (clippings)
46. Press Releases - The Telegraph-Journal and The Evening Times-Globe, 1970-1979 (clippings)
47. Press Releases - The Telegraph-Journal and The Evening Times-Globe, 1980-1983 (clippings)
48. Press Releases - other provincial newspapers, 1974-1983, n.d. (clippings)
49. Promotion/Publicity 1965-1983, n.d.