ScienceDirect journals NOT available via off-campus proxy access (Case ID 12146)
- January 12, 2020 10:31 pm: ISSUE RESOLVED: Off-campus access via login to the proxy server has been restored for ScienceDirect journals.
UNBWorldCat problem with *some* article records (Case ID 12015)
- December 4, 2019 12:32 am: KNOWN ISSUE: There is an issue with *some* article records in UNBWorldCat appearing in UNB limited search results, marked as "Held by UNB Libraries" but lacking a corresponding View fulltext link or print holdings availability information (users see a blue message bar when viewing the record via search results; a pink message bar appears when following a direct link to the article record -- off-campus users will not get this far before being inappropriately prompted to login).
Because problem records belong to particular databases in our default catalogue search, unchecking the “Group related editions” facet can expose fulltext article links in some cases. In other instances, users need to search for the journal title in UNBWorldCat or on the Journals & Newspapers search and then access the journal site to drill down following the citation details for the desired article.Please continue to report instances of this problem as we will add them to a list of known problematic article records and follow up accordingly.OCLC is working to resolve this issue for UNB and a number of other libraries.
MLA Bibliography article resolution trouble (Case ID 11904)
- November 13, 2019 3:09 pm: KNOWN ISSUE: A *major* problem has been discovered between the functionality of our article link resolver and MLA article citation data – this is affecting ANY journal article in the MLA Bibliography resource.
When users follow the CHECK FOR FULLTEXT link on an article citation inside MLA Bibliography the resolver will fail to provide them an accurate result.
EBSCO has been notified and are working to resolve the issue.
ProQuest journal access/links (Case ID 11629)
- September 15, 2019 9:23 pm: KNOWN ISSUE: Direct links to ProQuest Journal content *could* land users at a page stating:
The requested publication was not foundProQuest was unable to find the publication that you requested.In the cases recently reported each title has become accessible again after a downtime consisting of roughly a day. This problem is randomly affecting journal, newspaper, and dissertation title access inside search.proquest.com.The issue has been reported to ProQuest.
Springer eBooks access discrepancies (Case ID 11575)
- September 5, 2019 11:48 pm: KNOWN ISSUE: At this time Springer is authenticating UNB Libraries users for access to ALL eBooks in their system (or it sure seems that way!) -- this is in error.
UNB has purchased access to books published by selected imprints between 2005-2008 *ONLY*, along with having access to a smattering of Open Access titles.
The current Springer eBook title list we use is being updated to reflect UNB's proper access which may result in a small number of titles being removed and/or added.
Updates forthcoming ...
Taylor & Francis direct article links failing (Case ID 6470)
- January 24, 2018 2:57 pm: KNOWN ISSUE - Taylor & Francis direct article links are failing when trying to access the fulltext from UNBWorldCat and/or an indexing resource. View Fulltext links lead to a result set on Taylor & Francis, but your desired article should be first in the list. If not, you will need to link to the journal homepage, and find the correct year/volume/issue, etc. or run a search for the article title inside T&F.
This issue has been reported to OCLC.