UNB Libraries: Systems and Services Status
The Systems Group provides active monitoring of most major library systems and services.
eResources Search & EBSCO authentication compromised (Case ID 15064)
- September 13, 2021 10:35 am
KNOWN ISSUE - A weekend system update by OCLC has resulted in some trouble:
1) eResources Search - presently compromised and not searching only UNB specific holdings, but rather it is showing results whether or not UNB has permissions to the given content.
2) ISSUE RESOLVED: EBSCO authentication - EBSCOhost content is not working when you follow links through the catalogue and/or eResources search.
OCLC has been notified.
Request Item failing on physical print journal articles (Case ID 14849)
- August 12, 2021 1:22 pm
KNOWN ISSUE - UNBWorldCat is experiencing a problem with placing holds on physical print journal articles.
2 examples that shown the problem:
(1) The following article link gives an error when attempting to place a hold. Our hold button is labelled “Request Item”: https://unb.on.worldcat.org/oclc/206309135 The hold screen gives message "Ineligible for place hold. No pick up locations available." However, the parent journal allows the placing of holds: https://unb.on.worldcat.org/oclc/20879223
(2) This is a similar example: https://unb.on.worldcat.org/oclc/7374724834 The hold screen gives the error “Refresh the page. Unable to retrieve pick up locations.” Again, the parent journal allows holds correctly: https://unb.on.worldcat.org/oclc/18078225
The issue has been reported to OCLC and we have been waiting on a fix since spring.
EBSCO eBooks - trouble with system upgrade (Case ID 14349)
- August 12, 2021 12:52 pm
KNOWN ISSUE POSSIBLY RESOLVED - While access to eBook downloads is *mostly* working now inside EBSCO, there continue to be random titles resulting in the same failure for downloading.
Again, the PDF full text view that opens inside EBSCOhost does appear to work consistently.
Further confirmation is being done to investigate these now random issues with particular titles.
- May 21, 2021 11:36 am
KNOWN ISSUE PERSISTS - There continues to be trouble with EBSCO eBook access. At this time there are various inconsistencies with downloading content, no rhyme or reason to the trouble, so users may or may not run into problems when downloading from EBSCO depending on the book.
The PDF full text view that opens inside EBSCOhost does appear to work consistently, but no promises.
EBSCO is once again being contacted.
- May 13, 2021 11:37 am
ISSUE RESOLVED - No official word from EBSCO, but access now seems to be working fine.
KNOWN ISSUE - it appears there is some fallout trouble from this week's EBSCO upgrade -- we are seeing errors on many (all?) attempts to open the actual fulltext of a book inside EBSCOhost.
EBSCO is being contacted.
Taylor & Francis direct article links failing (Case ID 6470)
- January 24, 2018 2:57 pm
KNOWN ISSUE - Taylor & Francis direct article links are failing when trying to access the fulltext from UNBWorldCat and/or an indexing resource. View Fulltext links lead to a result set on Taylor & Francis, but your desired article should be first in the list. If not, you will need to link to the journal homepage, and find the correct year/volume/issue, etc. or run a search for the article title inside T&F.
This issue has been reported to OCLC.