Manuscripts, notebooks, newspaper clippings and other material [textual record, graphic material]. -- 1878-[1942?] -- 10 cm of textual records and 1 photograph : b&w; 7.5 x 4.7 cm
Scope and content: This series contains holograph or typescript poems (loose) by Lloyd Roberts, Charles G. D. Roberts and Leila Roberts. A few works are signed and dated with the place of composition noted.
The series also contains 2 notebooks of holograph poems, 1 each kept by Charles G. D. Roberts and Lloyd Roberts. Generally, the date and place of composition and name of publisher are supplied for each work. Lloyd's notebook offers comments about his travels and states the remuneration received for specific poems. In addition, his notebook contains a listing of titles of prose and verse, which gives the date and place of publication and the amount paid for each title. Also included are notes for a talk and for an address on Canadian literature, both delivered by Charles G. D. Roberts, as well as newspaper clippings about his lecture tours and his work with the Canadian Authors' Association.
Title based on contents of the series
File arrangement is random
Newspaper clippings of Lloyd Robert's poetry and a copy of his "Winter Harvest," published in the Public Heath Journal (January 1916), are located in the Rufus Hathaway collection
BOX NO. 1
1. Poems by Lloyd Roberts and Charles G. D. Roberts, 1878-[1942?]
Note: Includes typescript poem, "Our Captain," by H. A. Cody written as "a humble and grateful tribute to C. G. D. Roberts, my one-time professor of English literature".
2. Lloyd Roberts's notebook, 1899-1940
Note: Includes typescript poem, "Lake Ontario", by Leila Roberts, an untitled holograph poem by Bliss Carman and several newspaper clippings about the Roberts family.
3. Charles G. D. Roberts's notebook, 1925-1942
Note: Includes poems by Athelstan Roberts, dated 1896, and Bliss Carman, dated about 1886, both in the hand of Charles G. D. Roberts.
4. Notes for an introduction and an address by Charles G. D. Roberts,
Note: Includes copy of a programme for a series of lectures delivered by Charles G. D. Roberts and a formal invitation extended to him for temporary admittance to the Players Club.
5. Clippings about Charles G. D. Roberts, January-February 1925
6. Clippings about Charles G. D. Roberts and Bliss Carman, March-April 1925
7. Clippings about Charles G. D. Roberts, May-June 1925
8. Clippings about Charles G. D. Roberts, July-December 1925
9. Clippings about Lloyd Roberts, Charles G. D. Roberts and Bliss Carman, 1926-1928
10. Clippings about Lloyd Roberts, Charles G. D. Roberts, Bliss Carman and other members of the Roberts family, [19?]
11. Portrait of a young woman [Hope Balmain?] [graphic material] : head and shoulders view of study wearing scoop-necked blouse. - [19-?], Denver : Dr. Lux. - 1 photograph : b&w; 7.5 x 4.7 cm. - found in Lloyd Roberts's notebook