Dorothy Roberts [textual records]. -- 1860-1984, predominant 1930-1984. -- 6 cm of textual records
Scope and content: This series contains letters to Dorothy Roberts from Theodore Goodridge Roberts and William Goodridge Roberts. They discuss Thede's work with the short-lived periodical Acadie, Goodridge's travels and painting exhibits, Dorothy's poetry and prose and family matters.
The series also contains correspondence between Dorothy Roberts and the University of New Brunswick concerning the deposit of her records and with Laurel Boone regarding the publication of August R. Leisner's study of Charles G. D. Roberts. Also included are 2 original letters to the Rev. George Goodridge Roberts (1866, 1890) and 1 original letter to George Roberts (1860); 2 typescript poems, 1 each by William Goodridge Roberts and Theodore Goodridge Roberts; a pamphlet promoting an exhibit of Dorothy Roberts's papers; 1 review of The Self of Loss; and published copies of books by Dorothy and Thede.
Title based on contents of the series
File arrangement is random
Published copies (2) of Dorothy Roberts Leisner's poem "To be my love" are located in MG L10 Sir Charles G. D. Roberts fonds and MG L5 Lloyd Roberts fonds
BOX NO. 1
1. 1930-1932, 1944; correspondence to Dorothy Roberts from Theodore Goodridge Roberts
2. 1950-1969; correspondence to Dorothy Roberts from William Goodridge Roberts
3. 1972-1974; correspondence between Dorothy Roberts and UNB
Note: Includes typescript copy of a poem, "A Lament to the Memory of Archibald Lampman" by Theodore Roberts [1899?].
4. 1984; correspondence between Dorothy Roberts and Laurel Boone
5. 1860; letter to Emily Goodridge from her husband George
Roberts, principal of the Collegiate School at Fredericton, N.B.
Note: This newsy letter discusses social activities in Fredericton, the creation of the University of New Brunswick, speculations about the appointment of its first president, and Roberts family matters.
6. 1866, 1890; 2 letters to the Rev. G. G. Roberts, 1
each from Bishop John Medley and G. Prideaux
Note: In his letter, Bishop Medley offers Roberts an appointment to the canonry of Christ Church Cathedral
7. The wind and the rose-bush / by W. Goodridge Roberts, [19-?]
8. The self of loss: new and selected poems / by Dorothy Roberts. - Fredericton : Fiddlehead Poetry Books; 1976
9. Review of The Self of Loss: New and Selected Poems. - The Atlantic Provinces Book Review, [1977-1978?]
10. Thirty Canadian V.C.s: 23rd April 1915 to 30th March 1918 / compiled by the Canadian War Records Office. - London : Skeffington & Son, Ltd.; 1918
11. An exhibit of selected papers of Dorothy Roberts...Rare Books Room Pattee Library, The Pennsylvania State University