Series No. 4
Other Literary Activities and Associations -- 1976-1985 -- 13 cm of textual records
Scope and content: This series consists mainly of correspondence and minutes of associations and planning committees, and newspaper clippings about their activities. Also included are manuscript reviews, and research notes and drafts for a conference paper.
This series reflects Nowlan's participation in literary and educational organizations at the local, provincial, and national levels, and particularly his work to improve the teaching of English in schools.
Arrangement is alphabetical by name of association, committee, conference,
Title based on content of series.
Other Literary Activities and Associations:
1. Brunswick Press -- 1980-1982 -- Contains notes and reviews of manuscripts and a publishing schedule for the press.
2. Canadian Authors' Association, New Brunswick Branch -- 1976-1982 -- "Letters, minutes, etc. during two-year stint as president 1978-1980."
3. A Celebration of the Culture of the Miramichi - Symposium Organized for the 75th Anniversary of St. Thomas University -- 1985 -- Includes programmes of several other symposiums held at STU and copies of the STU Alumni News.
4. In Search of the Standard in Canadian English -- 1985 -- Conference organized by the Strathy Language Unit, Queen's University, Kingston. File includes a conference programme, research materials and notes, and drafts and the edited text of Nowlan's paper "Language: The Instrument of the Educator."
5. Maritime Writers' Workshop -- 1977 -- Includes workshop programmes and notes.
6. New Brunswick Bicentennial Publications Committee -- 1979-1982 -- Includes a 1982 preliminary report of the committee and several copies of Explorer '84, the newsletter of the Bicentennial Commission.
7. Writers Advisory Committee -- 1977-1982 -- "Forerunner to Literary Arts Board, includes origin of Writers in Schools program"
Document Maintained by:UNB Archives email address firstname.lastname@example.org Last Update: 10/01/00