Correspondence and general office records [textual record]. -- 1984 - . -- 19 cm of textual records
Scope and content: This sub-series contains incoming and outgoing correspondence with board members, legal representatives, university administrators, political and community leaders, and social organizations. Letters discuss issues relating to the establishment of the Foundation, programmes, funding, special projects, nominees for the Muriel McQueen Fergusson Award, and other matters.
This sub-series also contains legal documents relating to the establishment of the Muriel McQueen Fergussson Foundation; a copy of a draft discussion paper and a report on a symposium, both prepared by the Canadian Research Institute for the Advancement of Women and the Canadian Women's Foundation; the agenda of a conference on women abuse and survival strategies sponsored by the UNB Faculty of Law, and a few other items.
Title: Based on contents.
Arrangement: File arrangement is loosely chronological.
Related material: Correspondence is also scattered throughout files in the 3 remaining sub-series -- fund-raising and other financial records, board and committee records, and public relations records.
1. Correspondence with board members, 1984-1987
Note: Includes list of board members, correspondence and other items.
2. Correspondence with Transition House, 1985-1988
Note: Also includes letters to Hestia House and Crossroads for Women.
3. Correspondence with board members, 1987-1989
4. General correspondence, 1987-1991
Note: Includes copy of news release dated 7 June 1988, "Federal Government Announces New Family Violence Initiatives".
5. Correspondence with New Brunswick government ministers, 1988-1989
Note: Includes copy of the Green Paper proposed amendments to Family Services Act / [by] Department of Health and Community Services. - April 1988
6. Correspondence with political parties, 1986-1990
Note: Includes copy of "Voiceless vulnerable valuable : the preschool child in New Brunswick" : [by] New Brunswick Task Force on Parents and Early Childhood Education. - 1985
7. Correspondence, 1992-1993
8. Letters of incorporation, Muriel McQueen Fergusson Foundation, Inc.,
Note: Includes copies of legal documents, correspondence, and other items
9. Thérèse Casgrain Award, 1989
10. Provincial symposium on women and the criminal justice system, conference kit, November 1990 Note: Includes copy of programme, a list of participants and information on presenters.
11. Canadian Research Institute for the Advancement of Women (CRIAW) and Canadian Women's Foundation (CWF) Note: Includes copy of a draft discussion paper entitled "Foundation on violence against women" and of the "Report on symposium : sponsored by CRIAW and the Canadian Women's Foundation, June 22, 1992 : fundraising related to violence against women" (1992)
12. Canadian Resource Centres meeting of November 1992 (meeting kits)
13. Women abuse survival strategies : making the legal remedies work. - conference held at Ludlow Hall, Faculty of Law, University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, NB. on November 27 and 28, 1992. - conference agenda and registration. - sponsored by the University of New Brunswick, Faculty of Law.
14. Muriel McQueen Fergusson Award, nominees, -