Graduate studies and research, engineering [textual record and sound recordings]. -- 1961 - 1978 . -- 26 cm. of textual records and 1 sound recording
Scope and content: This series documents the development of the graduate studies programme in the faculty of engineering in general and in the department of electrical engineering in particular during the 1960s and 1970s. As well, it highlights the effort expended by Dr. R. J. Kavanagh and members of the engineering graduate committee, the electrical engineering graduate and research committee, and various sub-committees in that development.
This series contains incoming and outgoing correspondence, memos, agendas, minutes of meeting, thesis abstracts, reports, and briefs. It also contains statements of disposal of assistantship funds, lists of applicants and programme registrants, summaries of graduate applications, and a copy of the constitution of the Electrical Engineering Graduate Student Association. Also included are proposals for revising degree programme regulations, for graduate courses, and for establishing master of engineering degree programmes.
Of particular interest are copies of graduate study in electrical engineering reports for the years 1963-1966 and a recorded interview with Dr. A. Foster Baird, Professor Emeritus of Electrical Engineering.
Title: Based on contents of the series.
Arrangement: File arrangement is loosely chronological
Related material: Series 4, correspondence with James
O. Dineen contains information on the faculty of engineering at UNB.
1. Engineering graduate committee, minutes, 1961-1962
2. Engineering graduate committee, minutes, 1963-1964
BOX NO. 2
3. Engineering graduate committee, minutes, 1965-1966
4. Engineering graduate committee, minutes 1967-1968
5. Electrical engineering graduate and research committee, 1962-1966;
Note: Minutes and other material contained in 8 files.
6. Graduate students in electrical engineering, 1967-1968, 1970-1972
Note: Contains lists of registrants
7. Electrical engineering department, graduate studies report, 1965-1975
8. University of New Brunswick graduate study in electrical engineering. - 1963-1964. - 2 bound reports
9. University of New Brunswick graduate study in electrical engineering. - 1964-1965. - bound, edited report
10. University of New Brunswick graduate study in electrical engineering. - 1965-1966. - bound report
11. Graduate studies in engineering 1965-1975 / University of New Brunswick Faculty of Engineering. - [197-]. - submitted by R. J. Kavanagh, Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering
12. Brief on the needs of the department of surveying engineering at the University of New Brunswick / [by] Gottfried Konecny. - April 1966
13. Appendix 3, the department of electrical engineering. - [197-?]. - this document was attached to another longer document
14. Sound recording of an interview with Dr. A. Foster Baird, Professor Emeritus of Electrical Engineering. Also heard are Dean James O. Dineen, Dr. R. J. Kavanagh, and Mr. W. F. Sullivan, [197-?]. Note: Reel-to-reel tape.