Graphic material. -- [18-?] - [197-?]. -- 38 photographs : b&w, some col.; 36.5 x 27 cm or smaller, 45 negatives : b&w, some col.; 4.2 x 4 cm or smaller and 2 postcards
Scope and content: This series contains photographs of members of the Dineen family and of James O. Dineen engaged in various professional activities. A few miscellaneous photos and postcards are also included.
Title based on content.
File arrangement is chronological.
Additional photographs of James O. Dineen and Kay Dineen are located
in the Joe Stone and Son Ltd. fonds (UA RG 340).
1. Two men seated in chairs. - [18-?]. - 1 photograph : tintype; b&w; 9.5 x 6.2 cm
2. Ed Aikins (postmaster), Bill Goslin (foreman) and G. L. Dineen (agent) standing on railway station platform, Exshaw, Alberta : snow-capped mountains in background. - February 1905. - 1 photograph : sepia tone; 6.4 x 10 cm
3. G. L. Dineen and extra gang foreman, Exshaw, Alberta : subjects standing between railway tracks. - 23 February 1906. - 1 photograph : sepia tone; 6.5 x 10 cm
4. Group of men and women standing on railway platform, [Exshaw, Alberta?]. - September 1909. - 1 postcard : b&w; 7 x 10.8 cm
5. Assistant railway agent and his "boy" on railway tracks in front of Exshaw station, Exshaw, Alberta. - October 1911. - 1 postcard : b&w; 8.5 x 14 cm
6. Dineen girls at Christmas, [Mary and Patricia?] : standing in front of Christmas tree. - [194-?]. - 2 photographs : b&w; each 9 x 6.2 cm
7. James O. Dineen standing in wedding party with 2 unidentified women and 1 unidentified man. - [194-?], Saint John, NB : Climo. - 1 photograph : b&w; 26.3 x 18 cm
8. Wedding party of four unidentified men and women : studio photo. - [194-?]. - Drysdale-Perry. - 1 photograph : b&w, 26 x 17.8 cm
9. Candid shots of students-at-work, staff and buildings of Khaki College : Canadian Army publicity photos. - [194-?]. - 10 photographs : b&w, 16.8 x 21.6 cm
10. Wedding portrait of James O. Dineen and Grace Catherine Archambault : bride is seated, groom is standing behind, second man and second woman standing on either side of couple. - 1941, Toronto : Bain. -1 photograph : b&w; 36.5 x 27 cm OVERSIZE
11. James O. Dineen with 22 other professors, Peterborough, On : these men, representing 13 Canadian universities and all heads of electrical and mechanical engineering departments, are standing on the steps of the main office of Canadian General Electric Company Ltd. - 27, 28 or 29 May 1957, [Peterborough?] : [C.G.E.?] - 1 photograph : b&w; 20.5 x 25.5. - these men were attending a conference hosted by C.G.E.
12. Patricia Marie Dineen graduation portrait : head and view of subject wearing fur-trimmed hood. - [196-]. - 1 photograph : b&w; 8.8 x 6.5 cm
13. The Rt. Rev. Charles C. Boyd : head and shoulders portrait of the subject in his clerical robes. - 1964, Montreal : Jean-Marie Roy. - 1 photograph : b&w; 11.4 x 7 cm. - taken on the 40th anniversary of his ordination to the priesthood
14. James O. Dineen in a crowd of men and women at a social function. - 5 March 1966, John Chung photograph. - 1 photograph : colour; 9 x 12.8 cm
15. James O. Dineen standing on platform receiving honorary degree, McMaster University, Hamilton, On : robed subject is holding a mortarboard in his left hand and is shaking hand of robed presenter with the other. - 31 May 1968, Hamilton : Tom Bochsler Photography. - 1 photograph : b&w; 25.5 x 20.5 cm
16. James O. Dineen receiving honorary degree, McMaster University, Hamilton On : robed subject is holding mortarboard in his hands and standing on platform before robed presenter. Third man is adjusting academic hood. - 31 May 1968, Hamilton : Tom Bochsler Photography. - 1 photograph : b&w; 20.5 x 25.5 cm
17. James O. Dineen standing on platform, McMaster University, Hamilton, On : robed subject is standing alone on platform, platform party seated behind. View from ground level or below platform. - 31 May 1968, Hamilton : Tom Bochsler Photograph. - 1 photograph : b&w; 25.5 x 20.5 cm
18. James O. Dineen with academic party, McMaster University, Hamilton, On : group of 19 men in academic robes sitting and standing. Probably included in this group are the president of McMaster University, other university administrators, and other honorary degree recipients. Dineen, wearing a mortarboard, is seated second from right. - 31 May 1968. - 1 photograph : b&w; 20.5 x 25.5 cm
19. James O. Dineen with 4 university administrators : subjects are standing and chatting. Left to right: Colin B. Mckay, Foster Baird, Msgr. Duffy, James O. Dineen, and Milton Gregg. - [197-?], Fredericton : Joe Stone & Son. Ltd. - 1 photograph : b&w; 20.5 x 25.5 cm
20. James O. Dineen, His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh, and the Hon. Wallace S. Bird, Lt.-Gov. of New Brunswick : Dineen is shaking hands with the Duke of Edinburgh. The Lt.-Gov. is standing between them looking on. - [197-?]. - 1 photograph : b&w; 20.5 x 25.5 cm
21. Kay Dineen and Lady Violet Aitken : subjects standing, possibly inside the Fredericton airport. - 1971, Fredericton, NB : Joe Stone & Son Ltd. - 1 photograph : b&w, 25.5 x 20.5 cm
22. Apparatus of wires : demonstrating currents of electricity?. - [19-]. - 3 photographs : b&w, each 8.4 x 10.5 cm
23. Railway engine on display . - [19-]. - 2 photographs : b&w, each 6 x 8.5 cm
24. Miscellaneous photos. - [19-]. - 4 photographs : b&w; various sizes
25. Miscellaneous negatives, possibly of family activities. - [19-]. - 22 negatives : b&w; 4.2 x 4 cm
26. Miscellaneous negatives, possibly of family activities. - [19-]. 23 negatives : colour; 3.5 x 3.5 cm