Honorary degrees, awards and certificates [textual record]. -- 1949-1974. -- 12.0 cm of textual records
Scope and content: This sub-series contains the original honorary degrees conferred on James O. Dineen by McMaster University, the University of New Brunswick, Saint Thomas University, the Université de Moncton and the Nova Scotia Technical College. It also contains copies of degree citations, as well as various certificates of membership, certificates of qualifications, certificates of service, and certificates of appreciation.
This sub-series also includes 2 certificates of achievement, one naming James O. Dineen the recipient of the Centennial medal and the other, a Fellow of the Engineering Institute of Canada. Several documents relating to his receipt of the Julian C. Smith Medal and the C. C. Kirby Award are also included.
Title based on contents.
File arrangement is chronological.
Academic hoods of the 5 institutions conferring honorary degrees on J. O. Dineen are located in series no. 4, artifacts.
J. O. Dineen's high school graduation certificate and his bachelor and
master of science degrees in electrical engineering are located in series
no. 1, sub-series no. 1, education records.
104. Certificate of membership of James Owen Dineen in The Association of Professional Engineers of the Province of New Brunswick. - 26 January 1949 STORED IN BUFF TUBE
105. Certificate, awarded to J. O. Dineen for completion of a course in electric utility systems and practices given by General Electric. - 19 April 1956
106. Certificate, awarded to J. O. Dineen for successfully completing a course in economic operation of power systems, General Electric. - 2 May 1956
107. Certificate, awarded to J. O. Dineen for attending a course on machine aided analysis and data processing issued by UNB Extension Department. - 1 May 1959
108. Certificate of qualification, awarded to James O. Dineen for passing the examination prescribed by the Tradesmen's Qualification Board in respect of the electrical construction trade by New Brunswick department of labour. - 16 June 1965
109. Certificate, accompanying the Centennial Medal conferred on Dean James Owen Dineen. - 1 July 1967
110. Honorary doctor of laws degree, awarded to James Owen Dineen by
McMaster University. - 31 May 1968
Note: Includes 1 letter, copy of citation and 1 congratulatory telegram
111. McMaster University, honourary degree ceremony, 1968
Note: Includes programmes, letters of congratulation and other items
112. Certificate of service, for Major James Owen Dineen, Primary Reserve
(USSO) - Personnel Education, Royal Canadian Air Force. - 31 May 1968
Note: Original and carbon copy
113. Certificate, from The Knights of Columbus acknowledging 25 years of loyal and faithful service by James O. Dineen. - 1969
114. Certificate of appreciation, awarded to J. O. Dineen by New Brunswick department of labour in recognition of his 16 years as an examiner of the electrical construction trade. - 11 December 1969
115. Honorary doctor of science degree, awarded to James Owen Dineen by the University of New Brunswick, May 1970
116. Honorary doctor of laws degree, awarded to James Owen Dineen by Saint Thomas University. - 11 May 1970
117. Certificate, recognizing that the distinction of Fellow has been conferred on James O. Dineen by the Engineering Institute of Canada. - 15 September 1971 OVERSIZE
118. Honorary doctor of science degree in education awarded to James Owen Dineen by the Université de Moncton. - May 1972 STORED IN BLUE TUBE
119. Citation for honourary degree from Nova Scotia Technical College. - 9 May 1973
120. Honorary doctor of engineering degree, awarded to James Owen Dineen by Nova Scotia Technical College. - 9 May 1973 STORED IN BLACK TUBE
121. Certificate, acknowledging Dr. James O. Dineen's election as an honorary member of the Canadian Institute of Surveying on 5 April 1974
122. Julian C. Smith medal, 1974
Note: Includes news releases only
123. Citation upon the presentation of the Julian C. Smith Medal to Dr. James O. Dineen. - 10 October 1974
124. C. C. Kirby Award, 1974
Note: Includes correspondence, newspaper clippings and programme